Table of Contents
- Joining the Swim School
- My First Lesson
- Make-Up Lessons
- Rollover Policy
- Change of Details
- Terms & Conditions
- Direct Debit Form
SwimTastic runs 4 terms per year that coincide with the NZ public schools Schedule. Our model is a perpetual by Term model, which will be a continuous monthly system during the school term. This will be put on hold during the school holidays and then will continue again in line with the start of a new school term.
In-between these we run week long holiday blocks.
Swimtastic caters for all abilities from Babies through to adult swimming.
Follow these steps to join:
- Fill in the new client registration form.
- Determine your child’s level. You may be able to do this yourself by reading though our
level descriptions. If you need to discuss level with us please feel free to call 09 5270010 or
- Read: SwimTastic Swim School Terms and Conditions.
- Book a class: You can view and book classes at bookings.swimtastic.co.nz, or alternatively contact reception.
What to Bring: Ages 3+
- Swimming Cap (For ages 3 + caps are compulsory. We have several options at reception to
- Swimming togs
- Water bottle
- 1 Hour squad swimmers to bring paddles.
What to Bring: Babies and Tot Classes
- Guardian participation
- Togs for both child and adult accompanying
- Tight fitting swimmers nappy
- Change of clothing for afterwards
- Snack and drink for afterwards
We advise arriving 10 – 15 minutes prior to the start time of your lesson to allow time for parking. If
you need assistance finding your instructor reception can point you in the right direction. (After the
first lesson you can bypass reception and check in with instructors)
Swim Wear: Ages 3+
Cap and goggles
We recommend snug fitting togs and advise against rash tops and board shorts as they can
hinder swimming progress.
Swim Wear: Babies and Tots
Caps and goggles are NOT compulsory at these levels, however once at the Aquatots
advanced/ transition levels we do start to encourage children to start to wear them.
A tight-fitting swimmers nappy must be worn by all that are not yet toilet trained. These can
be purchased in supermarkets (found next to regular nappies) or at reception.
If you need to bring your pushchair into the facility we ask that you park them away from
entries and exits allowing people to pass easily.
Eating Prior to Lessons
3+ We do not recommend eating within 30 minutes of lessons to reduce risk of tummy
cramps and upsets
Babies and tots: please avoid feeding within an hour of lessons to reduce spills.
Eating after Lessons
Pool deck and change rooms are food free zones.
Food and drink can be enjoyed in the reception area.
Babies and Tots: We do recommend having and snack available for your little ones after
Entering the Pool
All swimmers must wait to be asked to enter the water by their instructor. Safe entries and
exits will be demonstrated and encouraged each lesson.
Make-up Lessons will only be provided under the following guidelines:
- The swimmer has not taken more than one make-up lesson within the current school Term.
- The make-up lesson must occur during the current School Term and cannot be carried over into concurrent terms or holiday blocks.
- SwimTastic must be notified of 2 hours prior to start of regular lesson time by phone or email to be eligible for a make-up lesson.
- Make- up lessons can only be arranged 24hrs in advance and once booked cannot be altered and will be forfeited if not attended or cancelled.
- We are unable to guarantee your preferred day/time, teacher or level will be available.
- SwimTastic will make every effort to honour your make-up lesson booking, however reserves the right to change this lesson booking should it see fit.
- Your account is financial with no outstanding fees owing.
Available spaces can be viewed on our bookings website (bookings.swimtastic.co.nz).
Assessments are carried out by all Instructors continuously. Clients will receive an email when they are ready to move up and this will detail what they have achieved at their current level.
When a swimmer is assessed to move up a level this will require the client to book into the new level and this can be done so immediately.
Swimtastic Perpetual by term model means you will be booked in the same weekly class. When the Term is operating you will stay in the same weekly class, during the School Holiday period your class will be paused and on return from the school holidays you will automatically be place back into the same class. You will remain in the same class until you change class or opt out. If you are assessed to move up a level you will need to make a change to your booking, and this may mean changing time/day/instructor due to availability.
(NB: * Program is subject to change from time to time and **Subject to Instructor being available)
Bookings can be made through reception or the Web Portal.
Web Portal Bookings:
When making a booking with the Web Portal, the course fee will be charged to your credit card.
To use our online booking system (Web Portal), the main contact (parent) will need to activate a password for your family account (NB: if you already have created a password you will not need to do this again unless you have forgotten it).
To set up/reset your password, click on this link: http://bookings.swimtastic.co.nz/SWIMTASTIC/public/Logon/ResetPassword
We encourage the main contact (parent) to get a password well in advance of bookings opening and become familiar with how the Web Portal works.
View all classes online: http://bookings.swimtastic.co.nz/
Email and Phone Bookings
A Booking Confirmation will be sent out with all information for the upcoming courses you have booked. Please check these details and contact us immediately should there be an error.
Please read SwimTastic Swim School Terms and Conditions before making a booking.
Should a change of details occur, please notify reception immediately. Maintaining accurate contact details remains the responsibility of our clients to stay fully informed of products, services, booking information and e-mail confirmations.
- Babies 20 Mins: $ 20.00
- Babies 30 mins: $ 20.50
- PreSchool $ 21.00
- School Age: $ 21.00
- 40Min Mini Squad: $ 21.50
- 60 Min Squad: $ 22.00
$30.00 per lesson. These can only be booked on the day of a lesson in a class with an available space -
Private Lesson Packages:
- Private lesson fees are based around the Teacher taking the private lesson and range from $70.00 to $110. per private.
- Casual Adult class $15.00
- Casual Adult Lap swim $10.00
- Casual Senior $7.50
- 12 month - $999
- 6 month - $575
- 1 month - $105
- 12 month -$ 449
- 6 month -$ 289
- 1 month - $52
Note: From September 30th 2019 SwimTastic will be moving to a monthly subscription.
Fees for our Swim School perpetual programmes during the year are to be paid in advance by monthly Direct Debit from a nominated credit or debit card on the 1st of each month. If a payment day is not on a Working Day, we will debit your account on the next working day. Depending on your bank, payments may take up to 5 working days to be processed. Please ensure you have allowed for this possibility by making sure there is enough money in your nominated account for up to 5 working days following your payment date. Whilst your child is enrolled with SwimTastic the direct debit payments will automatically be applied on the 1st of the month for the rest of the month.
Alternative payments arrangements can be made.
Please find a Direct Debit from here.
Payments can be made over the phone (527 0010) or at reception using Cash, EFTPOS, VISA and MasterCard
Payments are also accepted using Internet Banking:
SwimTastic Ltd - BNZ - ACCT NO: 02-0108-0431902-000
Please use account phone number and surname of the swimmer(s) as the reference.
- SwimTastic programmes operate throughout the year. The perpetual term bookings and fees will be put on hold during the school holidays and resume when the school term goes back. We do not operate on public holidays; fees reflect this.
- SwimTastic programmes are arranged separately and are charged for in accordance with our class levels. Notification of any price changes will be given in our regular newsletters before they take effect. Please contact us for further information on prices and for swim programme timetables.
- SwimTastic School Holiday programmes are separate to the ongoing perpetual Term bookings and require full payment upon making your booking.
- We do not take pencil/tentative bookings. Once a booking has been made it is taken as confirmed and ongoing booking.
- Fees for our Swim School perpetual programmes during the year are to be paid in advance by monthly Direct Debit from a nominated bank account, credit or debit card on the 1st of each month. If a payment day is not on a Working Day, we will debit your account on the next working day. Depending on your bank, payments may take up to 5 working days to be processed. Please ensure you have allowed for this possibility by making sure there is enough money in your nominated account for up to 5 working days following your payment date. Whilst your child is enrolled with SwimTastic the direct debit payments will automatically be applied on the 1st of the month for the rest of the month. Alternative payments arrangements can be made.
- Direct Debits paid by credit or debit cards will incur a 2% Surcharge. Direct Debit to bank accounts, do not incur this fee.
- If a payment is overdue for a period of 2 weeks after a payment run, then your child's swimming lessons will be cancelled, and you will still be charged for the month.
- SwimTastic reserves the right to change any teacher at any time at our discretion.
- SwimTastic offers ONE make up lesson per term (school term period), due to an illness of the child subject to availability. (A Medical Certificate may be requested by SwimTastic for our records.) These do not roll over to future terms or Holidays.
Make ups can only be booked 24 hours in advanced into classes which have space and must be organised through reception.
- For the health and well-being of all SwimTastic customers, swimming caps are compulsory for all swimmers 3 years of age and over.
- SwimTastic’s primary form of communication is through email. It remains our client’s responsibility to keep their details up to date to receive all service updates/ booking information /confirmation.
- CCTV is in place around SwimTastic. We reserve the right to monitor the safety of our swim school, teachers and participants. SwimTastic may take photos of the lessons from time to time, in order to assess lessons or teachers for internal training purposes.
- SwimTastic understands that parents want to take photos and videos of their swimmers. Please be mindful and respect other family's privacy when taking images.
- SwimTastic reserves the right to collect personal information from you for the purposes of enrolment. This information will be used to assist us in providing swim school services and for any other purpose you may authorise. SwimTastic undertakes to maintain your privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993 and any subsequent amendments or variations thereof.
- By Enrolling into SwimTastic you are acknowledging your acceptance to these Terms and Conditions.
You enter into an ongoing agreement when you accepted the Terms and Conditions and we require notification of cancellation for you to opt out.